Jonathan H. Rose is a member of Dincel Law Group’s Healthcare, Business Litigation and Admiralty Law Groups. He has extensive experience representing healthcare facilities and healthcare providers in a wide range of litigation, regulatory and transactional matters including elder abuse and malpractice defense, business disputes, institutional and individual licensing and regulatory hearings, and medical staff credentialing and disciplinary matters. Jonathan has represented businesses, healthcare facilities, physicians and medical groups advising them on Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) reporting and accountability, HIPAA and risk management issues as well as union activity and NLRB matters.
Prior to attending law school, Jonathan was a New York City paramedic for 13 years, working on the street and in a hospital emergency department. He was decorated 15 times by the City of New York including for valor by the Mayor of New York City. While working full-time, Jonathan graduated magna cum laude from Hunter College in New York City where he studied mass media and communications.
Jonathan graduated cum laude from Tulane Law School in New Orleans where he excelled in moot court trial and appellate advocacy competitions. He won the junior trial competition, was named one of four finalists in the senior trial competition and was named a top ten oral advocate in a national appellate competition. Also, while in law school, Jonathan worked as a student attorney at the Tulane Criminal Law Clinic representing indigent clients accused of felony criminal acts. Jonathan is a 2001 recipient of The Order of Barristers.
- Obtained a jury verdict in a premises liability dispute for his client that was more than three times the pre-trial settlement offer and more than twice any previously reported verdicts in similar cases.
- Retained by a non-profit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center to serve as its general counsel during a complex time of growth for the center.
- In connection with an investigation by the Medical Board of California, represented a physician accused of 15 patient care violations and possession of cocaine. Jonathan presented a successful defense, which resulted in closure of the investigation with no disciplinary action being taken.
- Defended physician who had his American Board of Internal Medicine Certification summarily suspended and successfully negotiated a non-disciplinary resolution.
- Identified serious problems at a healthcare facility that created exposure to heightened litigation risk, and was instrumental in the early and economical resolution of two lawsuits arising out of the problems.
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane Law School
- B.A., magna cum laude, Hunter College – City University of New York
- Pro Hac Vice: Colorado and North Carolina
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, The American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, The Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Outstanding New Attorney, San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Order of The Barristers
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society
Phone: (408) 512-2132